Credit Union Membership: What is a Credit Union?
If you ask someone what a credit union is, they might tell you something boring like, “it’s a not-for-profit, financial services business, run by a volunteer board of directors.”
That’s the basic business model for a credit union but what really sets Chippewa County Credit Union apart from the rest? WE LOVE OUR COMMUNITY! We are constantly looking for ways to reinvest time, partner, and promote our local organizations. We also can’t get enough of our local employer groups like War Memorial Hospital, Lake Superior State University, the State of Michigan’s Correction Workers, teachers and support staff from the Intermediate School District, and many more!
So why choose Chippewa County Credit Union?
- LOW COST SERVICES: Our unique volunteer board structure allows us to offer more low cost services to our members instead of paying stockholders. Our board represents our membership and is always working with your best interest in mind.
- LOW FEES: Our fee structure is one of the lowest in the industry! Just because you’re paying higher fees at your bank, doesn’t mean you’re getting more for your money.
- KEEP YOUR OWN MONEY: We don’t require a large minimum balance to maintain an account so you can use more of your own money.
- ACCESS: We have top notch online services and you have nation wide access to over 20,000 credit union network ATM as well as Co-op Shared Branching services so you can access your money from nearly everywhere you go!
- GREAT RATES: We are constantly reviewing the local market to make sure that our loan rates match or beat our competitors.
Why wait? Come in and see us to open a new account! We’ll need a $5.00 deposit, your state issued ID with your current address, and about 20-30 minutes of your time. Give us a call at (906) 632-3134 if you have questions prior to your visit.
|Main Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday and Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturdays (Drive Thru Only)
9:00 am – Noon
|Kinross Office Hours
Monday-Wednesday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
No Saturday Hours in Kinross
Take CCCU with you! Download our FREE mobile banking apps for iPhone and Android in the Google Play and App Stores today!